Sunday, May 26, 2024
HomeCryptocurrencyShibburn Shares Likely Shiba Inu Price All-time High Without Vitalik Buterin 2021...

Shibburn Shares Likely Shiba Inu Price All-time High Without Vitalik Buterin 2021 SHIB Burn

A notable prominent Shiba Inu community entity has provided evidence showing that SHIB would have only reached half of its all-time high if Vitalik Buterin hadn’t burned his 410.2 trillion tokens.

Shiba Inu, the cryptocurrency that made headlines in 2021, is believed by many to owe part of its success to the historic 410.2 trillion SHIB burned by Ethereum co-founder, Vitalik Buterin.

Recall that Shibburn (@shibburn), the SHIB burn tracker, earlier debunked the claim that Vitalik’s massive SHIB burn solely propelled the price pump. The channel showed that demand was the reason for the meteoric rise in 2021.

Read Also: Google Bard Predicts When Shiba Inu (SHIB) Will Reach $0.001, $0.01, or $0.1 Price Point

In a new post on X, Shibburn aims to clarify what he meant by going into more detail about what would have happened if Vitalik had sold his tokens instead of burning them. Although the burn had minimal effect on the price according to Shibburn’s previous post, Vitalik selling his tokens would have had a profound effect.

Vitalik Buterin’s Monumental Burn

When Shiba Inu (SHIB) was launched, 50% of the circulating supply was sent to Vitalik Buterin. Rather than keeping or selling them, he made a surprising move. He donated 10% of the assets to charity and sent the remaining 90% to a burn address, effectively removing them from circulation.

This burn coincided with the bull run SHIB had in 2021, which brought about its current all-time high of $0.00008845. However, it is important to note that the price of SHIB had already started climbing before this happened, as earlier proved by Shibburn.

Read Also: Take Note: SHIB Transferred To Shiba Inu Contract Address Is Irretrievable

What If Buterin Had Not Burned the Tokens?

Shibburn presents a different scenario where these tokens were not burned. Shibburn begins the post with the question, “What if Vitalik Buterin had sold the 50% of the $SHIB supply instead, or if the 50% had never been sent to him?”

According to the post and the chart attached, if the Ethereum co-founder had not received the tokens or had decided to sell them, SHIB’s all-time high might have been just $0.00004225. This is still an impressive feat but it would have been just half of what it achieved.

<

This analysis shows a few things. It highlights the importance of burning tokens in the SHIB ecosystem. It also expands on Shibburn’s belief that token burns have little part to play in driving up prices.

SHIB would have still performed the same, it just wouldn’t have reached the same heights with the same demand.


Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, and Google News

Tobi Loba
Tobi Loba
Tobi Loba is a passionate writer with a vast interest in the stock market. She joined the crypto ecosystem about three years ago and has written lots of ebooks and articles in relation to cryptocurrency and blockchain projects. Tobi Loba earned her degree at the University of Ibadan.
RELATED ARTICLES

Latest News & Articles